Sunday, November 8, 2009

Thirty Things to be Thankful For #8

I'm very thankful for books. I have loved reading since I have been able to read. My parents would have to threaten punishment to get me to turn off my booklight and sleep.

One time I was on my way to my friend's house across the street but I didn't want to stop reading my Babysitter's Club book, so I read it as I walked. I glanced up at the street and saw a police officer driving towards me. I continued reading and stepped out into the street to cross it, knowing he would stop for me. He rolled down his window and told me I needed to stop reading to cross the street because that was dangerous. I guess he had a point.

I've never lost my love of reading, especially right before bedtime.

I added a widget with some of my favorite books over the years, so if you have any ideas of books I should read, leave me a comment and let me know!






(Don't mind the haggard-looking mom. Just pretend she has a fresh face - no makeup needed, has perfectly-coifed hair, and a pearly-white smile. :)

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE reading too especially at night :) Fun cop story :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannon Hale books are amazing! Some of the best I have ever read. The Princess Academy is my favorite. The name is a little misleading. Don't be thinking pink and glitter. It is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love reading too,can't imagine not...if you haven't read midnight sun (what there is of it), you MUST,its on stephanies website, the most recent book i read that i loved is called the help, check it out and i'll have to try some of these on your shelf :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog!