Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thirty Things to be Thankful For #26

I am thankful for Thanksgiving. It's my favorite holiday. I get to eat dinner at two places, with turkey, stuffing, gravy, mashed potatoes, my Mom's yams, fruit salad, bean salad, rolls, corn, green bean casserole, and pie. What more could anyone want from a holiday? Oh yeah, I get to be with family. That's a perfect holiday if you ask me.


Kellen has been looking forward to Thanksgiving for weeks. He kept asking about eating turkey and finding the wishbone. I finally asked him where he learned about that and he said from reading a book at Grammy's. Unfortunately, no one saved the wish bone and he was quite sad. But I promised him that when I cook our $4 turkey, I would save the wishbone for him. He actually did eat the turkey and fixins. Good boy.


This is the place setting at my parents' house. My mom always goes above and beyond when she hosts. You can see the pumpkin rolls that she picked up at a bakery (but the place settings are still paper and we still get our food buffet style!)


My mother-in-law, Carolei. She hosts for 50-100 people at her house every year. Good thing there's a big backyard! And we live in Arizona. It was actually quite warm and sunny this year.


Part of the spread at the Phelps'. It's so much food! For both dinners, I ended up making 3 no-bake pies, bean salad, fruit salad, and corn (my best dish according to Jared ;).

It was a great day. Can't wait for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog!