Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thirty Things to be Thankful For #28

I am thankful for Kellen. He's been with us less than 5 years, but it's hard to remember life before him. He's such a sweet kid and brother. He tries so hard to do what's right and make people happy. He is one of the friendliest kids I've ever known. The other day he says to Jared in Lowe's: "I'm going to say 'hi' to everyone I see. Well at least he people who work here." (He can't tell the customers from the employees, so that meant every single person.) The other day he said hi to some random person we were walking by. People are always somewhat startled by this and it often makes me giggle. But this time he noticed and asked me why I was laughing. I said that sometimes people don't always expect you to say hi and they're surprised and I think it's kind of funny. He asked if I was laughing at him, and I said no, not at you. Then he was satisfied and went on his friendly old way.
He loves to have parties, look at recipes, and plan things (Mama's boy). He also loves to learn, read, and play. He's so much like his Dad in so many ways. We're so thankful to have him as a son. I'm thankful for each day I have with him.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog!