Sunday, November 1, 2009

Thirty Things to be Thankful For #1

I saw on a friend's blog that she was listing 1 thing that she is thankful for each day in November, so I thought I'd steal her idea. So here is the first one...

My husband. Jared is an amazing husband and father. He puts the kids to bed every night, goes out of his way to shower me with gifts for every important occasion, has changed more diapers than I have (I think - we don't have an exact count), lets me sleep in late and take naps (I can hear him telling the kids not to wake me up), cleaned up after me when I was sick as a dog, gets the kids meals, takes the kids fun places, provides for our family, plunges the toilet, cleans out the garage, mows the lawn, cleans out yucky kids' swimming pools, puts together toys/desks/anything, changes the light bulb in the porch light (ewww!), takes care of bloody owies and vomiting sick kids because he knows I'm squeamish, wrestles with the boys, takes care of the kids anytime I need to run some errands or go to class or do homework or go to bunco or...you get the idea.

On top of all of that, I'm pretty sure he knows me better than I know myself (that can be BAD!), shows me love in MY love language even though it's not HIS love language, puts up with my hording and grumpiness, shows me how to be happier and kinder, and lots more! Often, if I don't take his advice, I live to regret it. And not because he makes me regret it. But because I realize that he had the right idea to begin with (I hope he's not reading this...)

I guess I should stop gushing before you all get too jealous! Needless to say, I love him and am extremely grateful for him every day!

3 comments:

  1. awwwww...so sweet. He IS pretty great. I love him too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. geepers ... now i feel guilty for only writing 1-2 sentences about joel! :) Jared is a good guy!!! So glad you guys have each other!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, a post a day for 30 days? You're more ambitious than I am! :) This was a very sweet post. And great picture of Jared that sort of captures his essence. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog!