Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Thirty Things to be Thankful For #4

I'm thankful for the fair. I remember, as a kid, my parents taking us out of school for a day to go to the fair. I have very fond memories of those days and was determined to continue the tradition in my family. When I told Jared how much I loved the fair, he was happy to start the tradition. So, we first went to the fair 8 years ago, and we've been every single year since. We look forward to "Fair Day" every year. It's one of the only true "traditions" we've maintained.

We try to find the cheapest days to get in (today was free with donation of toiletry) and $1 rides and games. Then we load up on Indian Fry Bread, cotton candy, fudge, or whatever we feel like. They have a really cute play area for the kids with sand boxes and crafts, etc. I'm not sure who loves it more, me or the kids!











2 comments:

  1. I think we ran into you guys at the fair once. Maybe about 8 years ago, but I think we had Marina, so it couldn't have been that long ago. Anywho, I'm jealous cause I really wanted to go this year & I just don't see it happening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you guys had fun! I need to get my family out more and do fun things

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog!