Monday, November 30, 2009

Thirty Things to be Thankful For #30

I'm thankful for my birthday boy, Bridger Gunn. He turned 3 today. Happy Birthday Sweet Boy!

Some funny things he says/has said:

"My underwear is all fudgy!" (uh...I don't even WANT to know what that means)
"Kincade's hair is all angle-y." (where did he even find a word like that?)
"Kincade's going to have that flashlight FOREVER." (everything is forever)
"in the whole wide world" or "whole entire city" (if it's not forever, it's in the whole wide world or entire city - trust me, it sounds funny coming from a 2 year old)
When asked if he wanted a baby sister: "How about.......no." (He uses 'how about' to answer just about any question.)

He's notorious for his "thoughtful" expression (somewhere between a scowl and a questioning face). People say he usually has it on because he's always assessing the situation, the people, the discussions. He's always thinking. People have been saying he has a serious face since he was a baby (poor kid will be like his mom with the serious face).



He always claims he's not tired. You can see how "not tired" he was:


If you know him at all, you know that he has been potty trained for several months and he takes off everything from waist down to go. Then he runs around half-naked as long as he can get away with it (which is usually most of the day). I don't think he cares whether he's dressed or not, it's just easier not to get dressed again, so he doesn't. I don't complain since he takes care of the actual potty issues all by himself.

Bridger always has been and remains such a fun kids to have around. He's constantly cracking us up and then surprising us with his sweetness (I'm not sure why it continues to surprise us...). He is sometimes slow to warm up to people and situations, but once he does, he has the most infectious, bright, intriguing smile.





I've always said that pictures cannot do Bridger justice. His cuteness is really created by his fun personality. I want to remember this stage forever! Pretty soon all I'll have will be pictures of his third year of life and a lot of the day-to-day memories will have faded. It makes it a bit sad for me that he's now 3.

Bridger, you make each and every day brighter because you're in it! Your facial expressions, the words and phrases you say, the things you do, and the way you do them bring us so much joy. We're glad you're part of our family! Happy Birthday Crazy Silly Boy!

(C'mon admit it, how cute can one kid get????)

1 comment:

  1. Oh how I love that Bridger boy! He really is so funny! When your boys were over the other week, Bridger and Kincade were my little shadows. They just followed me around all day. So cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog!