Monday, December 14, 2009

Gingerbread Man

I have wanted to buy the jumbo gingerbread man-pan for a while. I finally broke down and bought it, intending it for a gift...but I guess I loved it too much and I ended up unwrapping it to make a gingerbread man for my kids. They were so excited by the prospect, so I'm glad I did! The kids anxiously awaited the big man to be done and then excitedly decorated it before bedtime.
{My post could end here...and in the final telling of my life, it will. For those interested in the nitty gritty details, read on...)





I wish I could say that it was all smiles and a lovely perfect family moment. Unfortunately, I was cranky with their "helping" and ready to be done with it by the time I put it in the oven. Then I left it in too long (new oven - hard to gauge) and then realized I was supposed to soften butter for the icing. ARGGGH My kids were so anxious, I thought they would burst while the butter softened. It was bedtime by the time they actually got to decorate it, so I played Mrs. Grinch and didn't even get out all of the candy or decorations I had planned. I let them have a few gumdrops, hurried them to finish it so they could have their piece and go to bed. The thing was so hard, I don't even know how they ate any of it. I wish I could also say this was the exception, not the rule. (The burnt food and the cranky mother. Unfortunately, they both happen more often than I'd like to admit.) If only it was just like in the movies...

1 comment:

  1. They look happy at least. That's one huge gingerbread man too

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog!