Sunday, December 13, 2009

Fun-Filled Saturday

We had a busy Saturday this weekend. We had our niece Elly's baptism in the morning.

Then we had the Ferrin Christmas Party (Jared's Mom's family). This has been a tradition for decades. Of course, as the group has grown to hundreds of people, the traditions have slightly changed. We no longer fit in the basement and it's too crazy to try to do a gift exchange. This year, we had desserts and hot chocolate, cotton candy, balloon animals, bounce house, Christmas train, zip line, talent show, chatting and playing. I think this was the best one yet! Of course, I wasn't around for the original ones, so I can't compare those ones.

I had to wake Kincade up for the party, which resulted in these photos (you know I can't resist a sleeping child):




















After the party, we headed to Jared's Uncle Russell's to paint the Christmas ceramics. He actually molds the ceramics for us and we scraped them last week. Then he fired them and we came back this week to paint them and spray them and take them home. He made dinner for all of us (crazy guy) and homemade ice cream and we all had a great time. Unfortunately, I was so busy painting my Santa and stuffing my face that I only took a few pictures, and they were all of Kincade holding his 3 suckers. I don't even want to think about how many more he had. Oh well, here are some pictures of our ceramics after they dried and we took them home. My Santa, Jared's Nativity, Kincade's tree, Bridger's Santa, and Kellen's snowman.





We have lots more holiday activities in the next 2 weeks. I can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. I Love, Love, Love the pictures you took at the Ferrin party. You captured a lot of great moments! I may have to steal some of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! I knew you would love the one of Cassie and Amber - it turned out really cute. I removed the restrictions, so you're welcome to "steal" any of the pictures I post. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog!