Thursday, July 23, 2009

Wicked



I was able to go see Wicked last night at Gammage Auditorium. We scoured the ticket providers online until we found some relatively cheap seats in the balcony (they were under $50 when all was said and done). Besides making my mom sick from looking down at such a sharp angle, they really were good seats. We could see the stage perfectly, even if we were too far away to see their facial expressions, etc.
I went with my mom, sister Melody, and her friend Becky Jones. It was a lot of fun! Here we are at PF Changs before the show:


I will admit that throughout the show, I was comparing it to Les Miserables, which I absolutely love, and I was thinking that Wicked was OK. Well, the part after intermission, and especially the ending, was PHENOMENAL. It was absolutely fantastic. This writer was very gifted with the creativity to come up with a story that gives the background for the Wicked Witch of the West and ties in SO nicely to The Wizard of Oz.
I laughed, I cried, I ate cookies!
We ended the evening with Cookiez on Mill, a little dessert shop that serves custom ice cream sandwiches. You pick one of their homemade cookies, one of their 20 ice cream flavors and they make you a cookie sandwich. I had oatmeal chocolate chip with mint chip. It was really good. I think I might make some cookie/ice cream sandwiches with my boys some time.

I HIGHLY recommend going to see this show if you can. It's only playing through Sunday and I have no idea if any tickets are available or not. If they are, you'll be glad you did!

3 comments:

  1. I am soo jealous! Everyone and there horse has been going to the show. My cousin went last night too. Then I have a cousin going tonight and Stefany Pew is sometime soon too! I sure hope they do it next year I have always wanted to go to it. I read the book but it was a little racy but good. I need to pay more attention to what is coming out. I heard Phantom of the Opera is coming never seen it so that would be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could've gone Wednesday night too, if I had wanted to pay $75 for a ticket! My friend's mom had an extra one she was trying to get rid of. Too bad; I've heard it's excellent. Glad you girls got to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We went on Saturday and I loved it! We were way up high too, but it was fine. One day I want super good seats to a fun play. One day...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog!