Monday, July 6, 2009

Our Fourth

I've decided rather recently that I love the Fourth of July! I never thought I cared about fireworks until a few years ago when we actually made the effort to fight for parking, fight for a blanket spot, fight the crowds, and fight to get back home again that I realized I do love them! Ever since, I've made sure we saw fireworks every 4th of July. This is what we did this year:
-Slept in late (sorry, no pictures)
-Jared had to take down Bridger's crib and Kellen's toddler bed that Brandon and Cindy let us borrow (Thanks!). They have been sharing Kellen's little toddler bed ever since Bridger decided he was done with his crib. They have to really cuddle to both fit, so I figured it was time for a new bed. When he took them apart my ingenious (and sometimes childlike) husband saw an opportunity for stair sledding. Bridger and Kellen were apprehensive at first, but Kincade was screaming because he wanted to go. Kellen went a few times before Bridger finally decided to go. Here's a video of Bridger and Kellen having their turn and then Kincade setting up for his. And, yes, Jared did TRY but decided he was too big to actually slide.

-Jared eventually got around to putting the boys' new bed together. I bought a trundle bed, but right now we only have one mattress for it, so they're sharing the top.
-We had swimming and BBQ with my parents, my sister and her family, and some other random ward friends
-We drove to Globe and sat in the Safeway parking lot with ice cream bars, pop-its, and glow necklaces and watched the fireworks.

You'll have to click on that picture with the van to enlarge it to see what Bridger was doing the whole night. It was a really great fireworks show! It lasted about 30 minutes and considering the detours/traffic to get out of Schnepf Farms, I think the drive time was about the same.

Back to the new bed...when we got home all of the boys were asleep, so we moved Bridger and Kellen into their new bed side by side. A short time later I heard a big thud and went to check and there was Kellen, sound asleep...on the floor. So, I switched his head to the other end of the bed and they both slept all the rest of the night. We'll have to get a sideguard or another mattress for the long term though. All in all, it was a very Happy 4th!

3 comments:

  1. How fun! Stair sliding is always a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun day! Your boys are so brave to slide down the stairs. That looked so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! But, you should have come to Alpine. We missed you and your boys.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog!