Thursday, April 23, 2009

My Birthday

Yesterday was my birthday and I had a GREAT day! I slept in (perks of having Jared work from home), got up and we took the kids over to my sister-in-law, Merilana's house to play with cousins while we went out to lunch. We went to Culver's Hamburgers. Turns out it was a fast food type of joint, but it was really good.
http://www.culvers.com/
It's on Country Club and Baseline. We both had hamburgers and shared onion rings and cheese curds. He had a root beer float and I had a mint shake. Everything was really good.
Then, we went back to my in-laws house so Jared could work while I shopped...but I ended up taking a nap in the guest house. It was glorious! Then, we went to pick up the kids - here's a picture of our kids with their Kennedy cousins (Kincade hadn't had a nap and it was already his bedtime):

Here's how Kincade ended up on the ride home:

When we got home we realized that neither of us had our house keys and the garage door opener didn't work (long story...) so we were locked out. The kids and I went to my parents while Jared tried to sort it out. He decided to call a locksmith and 1 hour and $140 later we were back in our home sweet home. So, it was way past dinner time, and we hadn't had cake and ice cream yet, so the kids helped decorate my cake:

As you can see by the picture, by this time, Kincade had woken back up. So, he had some ice cream:

OH, and by the way, all of these pictures/video were taken with my new extra small camera. It's so fun! Thanks hon! It was a great birthday! Thanks to everyone who called or emailed me to wish me a happy birthday.

2 comments:

  1. well happy birthday to you!!! thanks for sharing your blog! and- i wouldn't count on curtis making that cake --- but i will!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun day! THat birthday cake looks scrumptious!:) And I'm with you...I would have taken the nap instead of shopping:) HEaven! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog!