Thursday, April 2, 2009

No More Monkeys Jumping on the Bed

Kincade got the pleasure of having his first dentist visit today. Normally, we probably would have waited just a bit longer, but unfortunately "Momma called the doctor and the doctor said..." take him to the dentist. Yes, our little monkey fell off the bed (although he wasn't jumping, just sitting on the edge).

He fell off the side of the bed yesterday and hit his mouth. His two top right front teeth were banged backward in the scurfuffle and bled pretty badly. His lip had a small blood blister, but most of the blood was coming from his gums. The poor kid handled it all really well. As soon as we got the bleeding to stop, he calmed down and just cuddled with us. Unfortunately, any small bump (by his hands or tongue, or possibly by a head-butting 2-year old), reopened the wound. But we put him down to bed a short time later and he seemed fine.

When he woke up today his lip was swollen beyond expecations. He looked so funny! I tried to get a picture, but the 2-dimensions don't do it justice. So, since the teeth were knocked a bit out of place, we figured we should take him in to the dentist. The dentist took x-rays and said it looks fine for now (other than the bruising), but to bring him for another x-ray in 3 weeks and to basically watch for abscesses until his permanent teeth come in. I took my camera to the dentist, but I forgot the memory card, so no pictures. He was SOOO good at the dentist. Just sat in my lap and barely even fussed.

Here are some pictures of his lips/teeth after the dentist. The dark spots are the bruising - I'm not sure I've ever seen such bruising inside of a mouth before. And he won't let me wipe his nose because of the injury, so I apologize in advance for the grossness factor.


4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! That is just the saddest thing! I hope he's feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well we know where he learned that trick now don't we!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, that looks horrible! And the pictures don't even do it justice, you say? That poor kid!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog!