Thursday, March 18, 2010

Befores and Afters

I have a few things going on at my house in the upcoming month, so I thought I'd try to get some stuff put away and some painting done.  I twisted my mom's arm to come help me paint and she brought along a handy guy (my dad).  They helped so much.  We finished the living room, dining room, and the upstairs bathroom.  Seems like so little finished for 2 days worth of work, but it was worth it.  I love them all!  I can't wait to move on to the downstairs bathroom, and especially the stairwell and hallways, oh and the 4 bedrooms upstairs, and my bathroom, oh my.  I hate seeing all of those white patches everywhere!  (I just realized I forgot the before shots...added them today)

I knew I wanted to do a tropical/Hawaiian/Beach type theme in the bathroom and paint it aqua blue-ish for the ocean.  So I came across these towels on clearance at Bed, Bath, and Beyond and I snatched them up, along with 2 rugs and a trash can.  I matched the paint to the trash can, and voila:

Before:
                                                                            







After:


(You can probably almost make out the white patches in the hallway there.  Ugh!)

I had the green chair for the living room and decided to kind of match it for the living room and the dining room.  The paint in this house has been tricky to try to paint the repaired parts, but not paint more than we have to (not gonna paint the vaulted entry EVER).  I think we found a nice solution and I do love the green.
Before/Living Room:

After/Living Room:

Before/Dining Room:
After/Dining Room:
(Should I paint the inlay ceiling too?)

Before/Stairs:

After/Stairs:


We didn't tape anything off!  My mom hand-trimmed the stairs, living room, dining room, and bathroom.  It was a lot of work for her!  My dad and I rolled on the paint and did miscellaneous support items :)  The tan in the background has to go soon!  Too many white patches!  Finally, I can start hanging up pictures and wall art.

I also dug deep and found my inner handyman and was actually able to re-caulk our shower.  It's not perfect, but it'll do!  I'm going to move on to the upstairs shower next so the boys can officially move into their bathroom.

4 comments:

  1. With all of the craziness yesterday, I forgot to tell you that I did finally get to see the paint in the bathroom, and I love it! I know if I had tried to go with a bright blue like that, it would have turned out obnoxious, but you have that knack for colors. How nice of your parents to help you out so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the green. The bathroom is very "Carribean". I like that you choose bright happy colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having just struggled with painting ourselves, I can tell you, that looks GREAT!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog!