Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Jared's Birthday

Jared's birthday was yesterday. He turned the big 3 - 1, which I've heard is a bigger deal than 30, because you're over a year away from your 20's and fully enveloped in your 30's. He had a laid-back day, which is how I think he prefers it. I made him Bob Andy Pie on Sunday and then took him to lunch at Logan's Roadhouse on Monday. We tried to go to The Keg Friday night (too busy) and Monday lunch (closed) so he had to settle for Logan's. He got a new remote for the media center and the last season of Scrubs.
Friday's date we ended up at Arriba Grill, which he remembered liking when he worked in Scottsdale. As he said, "It's sort of nice when you have a bad restaurant experience, because it's much funnier!" (or something like that). It just took forever to get our stuff. Our drinks were way late, then everything else followed suit. After we had ordered, 20 minutes had gone by, and she came back and asked us what we had ordered...uhm...okaaaay. Another server finally brings us our appetizer. Then she brings us our food and says that a big party came in and that's why our food took so long. The food wasn't as good as Jared remembered either. So, then, we hear the people behind us getting the same story of the "big party." They complained much louder than we did (we didn't complain AT ALL - I have REALLY changed in 8 years) and they got part of their bill taken off. Then we went to Dick's Sporting Goods until they closed, then to Barnes & Noble until they closed (10:00 pm - WAY too early). Then we stopped by Sonic to get a dessert. Jared got a root beer float and I got the "Jr. Butterfinger Sundae" for $1. Let me tell you: When they say JUNIOR, they mean it. It was the tiniest little scoops of ice cream and possibly 1/2 teaspoon of Butterfinger. I should have taken a picture of that.
I got lazy about taking pictures and ended up with NO pictures of the entire weekend. Luckily, I doubt he minds.
Anyways, happy birthday and love ya, babe! Hope it was good.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Jared! I love good times like those (eye roll)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the Jr. Sundae once. I just sat there and laughed when I saw it! Glad you got to go and celebrate. I love the monkeys by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog!